The month of May is marching on and it’s been a busy few weeks at Must-Chup HQ! Just recently the Must-Chup team enjoyed a fabulous evening of food and wine tasting at the wonderful Cuculo Deli in Heathfield, East Sussex www.cuculo.co.uk if you’ve not visited before, it is a must for any food and wine lover.
The Deli’s inspiration for food is drawn from Italy and their own locality. Their extensive knowledge covers cheese, wine and all points in between. We were lucky enough to be asked to sample Must-Chup to a selection of their customers who were enjoying a tasting evening at the deli. Joined with Must-Chup was Villa Sofia Wines www.villasofiawine.com, The Kent and Sussex Tea Company www.tea-and-coffe.com and High Weald Dairy www.highwealddairy.co.uk, again all sampling their products. Must-Chup was featured in the main course and served as a honey glazed Must-Chup sausage and marinated chicken drum sticks. The diners were all extremely complimentary about our delicious sauce and we were only too pleased to introduce new fans to the Must-Chup gang!
If you’re interested in attending any future events at Cuculo Deli, check out their website and get involved, you won’t be disappointed.
So what other exciting news do we have to share… well, hot off the press (literally), are two new test sauces that we are currently trialling. Kick and Big Kick! If you can’t guess by the name, they are new chilli variants of our yummy sauce one with a bit of chilli in and one with a whole lot more! Myself and the Marketing Director were sitting in a coffee shop only yesterday tasting the 2 new sauces, and we were delighted with the new flavours. There’s lots more to do in terms of product development, but we’ll be sure to keep you up to date and hey, may even host a tasting evening ourselves, all welcome and I’m sure we can squeeze in some wine too! Keep a look out for dates soon.
So today’s blog is more of an update on what we’ve been doing, but it wouldn’t be a Must-Chup blog without a new recipe to tempt you with. The weather isn’t looking the best outside today, although brightening up in time for the weekend, so why not give this one a go before the hotter days set in… oh and crack open a decent bottle of red to go with it, perfect.
Beef Bourguignon with Must-Chup
1kg of lean chuck steak
1 clove of garlic
4 medium carrots
250cl red wine
2 beef stock cubes
500ml boiling water
Splash of Worcester sauce
One punnet of button mushrooms
Seasoning to taste – salt and pepper
- Pour some olive oil in a sauce pan and heat
- Season the chuck steak with salt and pepper and add to sauce pan
- Seal meat until lightly coloured and then add the finely chopped onions and sliced mushrooms
- Pour in the Must-Chup and mixed well
- Add a splash of Worcester sauce over the meat, onions and mushrooms
- Pour in red wine and cook for a further 5 minutes
- In a jug crumble up 2 beef stock cubes and then pour in boiling water until dissolved
- Add the stock to the pan and mix covering meat
- Then simmer for 3 hours with a lid on stirring on a regular basis so that the stew does not stick to the base of the pan
- With half an hour to go add the peeled carrots which have been diced to the stew and cook for the remaining half hour on a low heat
- If the stew needs topping up with water then add accordingly
- Taste and adjust seasoning
- The juices will have concentrated so should be thick enough however if too thin then either add a little beef granules and cookout for a further 5 minutes
- Serve with Mustard or ordinary mash potato and vegetables of your choice
Cooking and preparation time 3 hours and 15 minutes