1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 large Onion
1 large carrot
1 stick of celery
2 Cloves garlic
125ml Vegan red wine
350g Quorn mince
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
500ml low sodium vegan stock
1 Bay leaf
1 tsp dried oregano
1 dsp Must Chup ‘Big Kick’
1 tsp Dried marjoram
240g whole wheat spaghetti
1. Place a large deep sided pan over a gentle heat and add the olive oil.
2. Add the chopped onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the pan and cook without colour for 8-10 minutes until vegetables have softened.
3. Add the sliced mushroom and cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Turn the heat up high and add the Quorn mince until coloured all over.
5. Add the Must Chup ‘Big Kick’ tomato puree, red wine, chopped tomatoes and stock
6. Then add the herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste
7. Simmer over a medium heat for 25 minutes until vegetables are soft.
8. While the Bolognaise is cooking, boil some water in another pan and add a pinch of salt. Place a handful of spaghetti in the boiling water and cook until al dente, normally 9 minutes
9. Drain the spaghetti and add a little bolognaise to the pan and incorporate
10. Place the spaghetti in a bowl and add the Bolognaise mince on top of the pasta. Garnish with grated vegan cheese.