Pan Fried Tuna Steaks Marinated with Must Chup ‘Kick’
Perfect for a dinner for two
Preparation time: 60mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
4 120g Tuna Steaks
1 good dollop of Must Chup ‘Kick’ or ‘Big Kick’
10ml Sauvignon Blanc
Salt and Pepper
10ml Olive Oil
12 baby new potatoes
Knob of butter
Mixed Salad leaves – Spinach, Lambs lettuce and chard
Julienne of beetroot
- In a bowl place the four tuna steaks and season. Pour over the tuna steaks a good dollop of Must Chup ‘Kick’ and splash of sauvignon Blanc. Put in the fridge and leave to marinade for one hour.
- Wash the new potatoes cutting in half if large. Bring to the boil in lightly salted water and simmer until cooked. (10 minutes)
- Add a knob of butter to the pan until the potatoes are lightly coated. Season according to taste.
- Pour a drop of olive oil in either a frying pan or wok and heat until hot. Place the marinated tuna steaks in the hot oil and seal both sides of the tuna until lightly coloured. Some preferred their tuna steaks seared (raw inside) others prefer it cooked through. The choice is yours!
- Place the salad leaves and julienne of beetroot in a bowl and dress with balsamic dressing.
- Dress the plate with tossed salad leaves, buttered new potatoes and the pan fried tuna steaks.
- Garnish with a sprig of dill
- Due to the strong flavour of the tuna either Must Chup ‘Kick or ‘Big Kick’ can be used for the marinade.